Skip to main content

Dear Dotty by Jaclyn Westlake Review

 



Title 

Dear Dotty 

Author 

Jaclyn Westlake 

Synopsis 

What's a twenty something gal to do when her parents announce a divorce after thirty years of marriage, she finds out her best friend has cozied up to her archnemesis, and she accidentally sleeps with the wrong guy? Turn to her great- aunt for advice,of course.


Rosie Benson has always struggled to fit in with her over-accomplished family, type A roommate/ best friend, and workaholic boss. When Rosie is abruptly fired from her job at a tech startup where her boss was way too enthusiastic about synergy, the illusion that she has life figured out is shattered. Knowing she needs a push, her great aunt Dotty- a globe trotting, Martini swilling occasional nudist, and the only person Rosie has ever felt truly herself around - tried to challenge her to pursue a long buried dream.


But then Dotty dies.

And Rosie spirals.

As new details of Dotty’s past emerge through revelatory emails from her many friends, Rosie realizes that maybe her aunt's life wasn't as charmed as she thought. With her career, friendships, and family unraveling, Rosie must drown out the noise of the world telling her what she should pursue - a boyfriend, babies, boss-babe role at a corporate job and finally focus on what she actually wants.


Review 

A definite five star review!

Wow! You will not be able to put this book down once you start reading. Dear Dotty will take you on an emotional rollercoaster from the first page to the last. This is one of those rare books that will literally touch your soul.

For Review Requests Contact 

readingcorner.jenn@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unraveling by Vi Keeland Review

  View this post on Instagram A post shared by Jennifer Reep Hall (@thejennhall) Title  The Unraveling  Author  Vi Keeland  Synopsis  This isn't a love story. It's a story about obsession. You'll assume you know who the object of the obsession is. The psychiatrist concealing the twisted connection she has to her patient. But more than one person hides a secret. To what lengths will desire and grief drive a person? Stop guessing. Let the mystery unravel. Review  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Wow! The Unraveling was the best psychological thriller I've ever read! This book really pulls back the curtain on the psyche of multiple characters trying to come to grips with the loss of loved ones and punishing themselves and others in the process. The Unraveling will have you reeling from the first page to the last. Highly recommend! For Review Requests Contact  readingcorner.jenn@gmail.com

Autumn 2025 Bookshelf

Welcome back to the blog! I am happy to tell you that I'm finally over my reading slump and making up for lost time. Many of you know that I lost my dad a few months ago and with him my love of reading. My dad was the one that turned me into a bookworm at a very young age and the thought of picking up a book made me think of him and was so painful that I stopped reading for a while.  When it comes to reading, I read multiple genres and use all versions of books, including print, audio, and Kindle. I love print books, especially hardback books. I love hardback books so much that I actually made an Amazon Wishlist for them so I can expand my collection. There's nothing better than curling up in a chair with a cat, quilt, and cup of coffee with a physical book in hand. I also use the Kindle app ( I don't actually own a kindle) on my phone and tablet. When I want to read but don't have time to sit down I opt for audiobooks. Needless to say with all the different ways avail...

Two Truths and a Murder by Colleen Cambridge Book Review

Welcome back to my cozy little blog! As many of you know, I hit a bit of a reading slump for several months but I'm back and making up for lost time.  Title  Two Truths and a Murder  Series A Phyllida Bright Mystery  Author  Colleen Cambridge  Genre  Historical Mystery  Publisher  Kensington  Page Count  261 plus acknowledgments Format Hardcover  Official Synopsis  Agatha Christie’s trusted housekeeper, Phyllida Bright, has become an amateur sleuth in her own right. When a party game leads to murder, she decides to crash the investigation. While her famous employer is happily back home at Mallowan Hall, wrestling with her Belgian detective's dilemma on board the Orient Express, Phyllida is finding her local renown as a sleuth has put her in high demand. A distraught Vera Rollingbroke suspects her husband of infidelity and has invited Phyllida to a dinner party to observe his behavior, particularly in regard to one Genevra ...