Skip to main content

Mean Moms by Emma Rosenblum

Title:

Mean Moms

Author 

Emma Rosenblum 

Publishing Date

July 2025

Book Blurb

Meet Frost, Morgan, Belle - a group of wealthy, gorgeous New York City moms, the Queen Bees of downtown Manhattan. Their children attend Atherton Academy, the top private school in the city, and their social lives revolve around elaborate themed parties. On the first day of school, the arrival of a new mom and mysterious beauty from Miami, Sofia, shakes up their world. When Sofia quickly integrates herself into their clique, inexplicably bad things start to happen to the women. Is someone at the school out to get them? Spanning the course of one eventful school year in New York, Mean Moms is part satire of upper-crust mom-ing and part mystery, interrogating the line between friendship and jealousy, and getting at the question:

What would happen if the woman standing next to you at school pickup was actually a sociopath?


Pre-order your copy here 

Review:

Five Stars

I won an Advanced Reader Copy of this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

If this was a one sentence review it would be :

“ Pretty Little Liars meets Gossip Girl for moms and it doesn't disappoint.”


This book has everything: secrets,lies, ambition, success, failures, mystery, backstabbing,  jealousy and more.  Seriously with friends like these who need enemies? Once you start reading you will not be able to stop.  Manhattan made the perfect backdrop for this story. 


 If you were a fan of Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl (OG) this book is for you. I started reading this book around ten o'clock at night and could not put it down. I felt like I was transported straight to Manhattan and was standing outside watching the moms drop their kids off on the first day of school.  

I Absolutely loved the main characters Frost, Morgan, Belle, and newcomer Sofia( my fave) . There are plenty of side characters that you will either love, feel sorry for, or absolutely hate

 ( probably lean more into hate though). I love it when an author can put words on a page and literally breathe life into every single character to the point that I will go through a rollercoaster of emotions while reading.  Author Emma Rosenblum has this amazing talent.


I literally read mystery books the way most people breathe air and can usually figure out the who, what, when, and why in a mystery a few chapters in. This book however had me completely stumped and in the end when it was finally revealed I was left both stunned and speechless. 





The very first page will hook you in and you will not be able to stop reading. Absolutely fabulous book! 

The Queen Bees ( the mom version)at an elite Manhattan private school takes us through one hell of a roller coaster ride into the private lives of the wealthiest  and most ruthless people you have ever met.  


About the Author 

Emma Rosenblum is the bestselling author of Bad Summer People and Very Bad Company. She is also the chief content officer of Bustle Digital Group, the executive editor of Elle, and before that an editor at Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Glamour, and New York Magazine. She lives in New York City with her family.

Learn More and follow 

Emma Rosenblum 

Instagram 


Help Contribute to my Reading Addiction by supporting me on PayPal 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unraveling by Vi Keeland Review

  View this post on Instagram A post shared by Jennifer Reep Hall (@thejennhall) Title  The Unraveling  Author  Vi Keeland  Synopsis  This isn't a love story. It's a story about obsession. You'll assume you know who the object of the obsession is. The psychiatrist concealing the twisted connection she has to her patient. But more than one person hides a secret. To what lengths will desire and grief drive a person? Stop guessing. Let the mystery unravel. Review  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Wow! The Unraveling was the best psychological thriller I've ever read! This book really pulls back the curtain on the psyche of multiple characters trying to come to grips with the loss of loved ones and punishing themselves and others in the process. The Unraveling will have you reeling from the first page to the last. Highly recommend! For Review Requests Contact  readingcorner.jenn@gmail.com

Autumn 2025 Bookshelf

Welcome back to the blog! I am happy to tell you that I'm finally over my reading slump and making up for lost time. Many of you know that I lost my dad a few months ago and with him my love of reading. My dad was the one that turned me into a bookworm at a very young age and the thought of picking up a book made me think of him and was so painful that I stopped reading for a while.  When it comes to reading, I read multiple genres and use all versions of books, including print, audio, and Kindle. I love print books, especially hardback books. I love hardback books so much that I actually made an Amazon Wishlist for them so I can expand my collection. There's nothing better than curling up in a chair with a cat, quilt, and cup of coffee with a physical book in hand. I also use the Kindle app ( I don't actually own a kindle) on my phone and tablet. When I want to read but don't have time to sit down I opt for audiobooks. Needless to say with all the different ways avail...

The Diva Delivers on a Promise by Krista Davis

  The Diva Delivers on a Promise by Krista Davis  Title:  The Diva Delivers on a Promise  Series:  A Domestic Diva Mystery  Author:  Krista Davis  Synopsis: Sophie is busy handling the first ever convention of Ghost Kitchens- restaurants that do delivery only - but she's taking a little time out for a lunch meeting organized by A Healthy Meal. The group is dedicated to providing meals for children in need, and as a bonus, it'll give Sophie the perfect opportunity to ogle the lavish Old Town home of socialite Geraldine Stansfield. Gerrie’s dining room is impeccably furnished, the table laden with gleaming crystal and prized china. If it weren't for the dead man lying on the floor, everything would be perfect….. No one knows the victim - or at least, no one claims to. But a little snooping by Sophie reveals links to many local notables. In fact, not only was he a client of Geraldine’s late husband, an attorney - every member of the Stansfield clan k...